Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Vogue pattern 7488

Homesew | Posted in Teach Yourself To Sew on

Hi everyone

I am sewing the above waistcost (vest) and whilst it is wrong side facing everying fits together well and flat.  However when I turned it to the right side none of the lapels or edges lay flat.

Q: before I cut extra fabric can someone please assure me that the reason is just bulk and not some sewing error.  This pattern has never mentioned trimming or clipping at all.  Maybe Vogue is to advanced for me.

Help is gratefully accepted.

Replies

1. SewingSis | | #1

Vogue Pattern 7488

In my experience, there are usually some written instructions on the first page of the pattern sheets...right after the cutout diagrams.  You may find the grading of seams in that info.  When turning a collar such as that one, you will need to grade the seam allowances and clip as needed.  Maybe if you work up a sample collar from muslin, trim and clip that, and you will see that it will indeed lie flat.  Hope this helps!

1. Homesew | | #2

Thank you for your reply, I will check for grading and have confidence to clip away until it lies flat.  

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights