Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Marfy Pattern 2235

Ballzy | Posted in Talk With Us on

This pattern was featured in Threads July 2010 – on the cover actually.  I have finished stitching the garment and am now ready to do the beading work.  I’m from Australia and am having trouble sourcing a suitable cord in that I don’t seem to be able to find anything “bias”.  I notice that MaryMary may have made up this garment as there is a question from her on where to get the pattern.  I was wondering whether it is critical that the cord be bias.  Can anyone please help me on this one before I go ahead and purchase something not bias and bead it only to find it doesn’t sit right or is not flexible enough.  Thanks.

Replies

1. marymary | | #1

Marfy 2235

I don't remember asking about where to get Marfy patterns, but I could have.  No, I have not made up this garment.  Very pretty. 

Can you explain what the cord is for?  Is it for beading?  I know language can sometimes mean different things to different people.  I can't tell from the Marfy picture where you would need bias cording.  Do you create the beading design and then sew it to the garment, or do you sew the beading directly to the fabric?

2. rekha | | #2

Marfy

The instruction suggests you used a bias-tube cording, that is, you construct a tube of bias-cut fabric and put a cord in it. Books like Claire Scheffer's will show you how to make a bias tube cording. The function of a bias cut fabric is to allow stretch which the neck sling will need. Hope this helps

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights