Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Faille Crepe -100% acetate

Sylvia | Posted in Photo Gallery on

What are the things I should be aware of with this faille crepe – 100% acetate fabric? Anyone know what size needle, pressing, etc.? I ordered it from mail order and didn’t realize I don’t know anything about it.

Replies

1. User avater
    ThreadKoe | | #1

In my experience, acetate fabrics are a lot like polyesters to work with, with one big exception. They dislike steam and water! They tend to really soften, wrinkle and water spot. I would test a swatch with water, steam and heat, low setting even before proceeding with pre washing! If it has a watermark like finish to it, like a moire, be careful as well, they sometimes come out with too much pressing. Be careful with acetone based products like nail polish and nail polish remover, as they will literally make holes in the fabric. Now that makes it sound like an awful fabric, but it is not. It will be wonderful to work with, because it takes a press better than poly. If you Google acetate fabric, you should be able to find lots more if you need more info! Happy Sewing! Cathy

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights