Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Vogue 6934

pacific1 | Posted in Patterns on

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to buy the Vogue Pattern 6934 that was featured in Threads March 2008 ? I just love the dress. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Replies

1. meg | | #1

I just did a quick search on the Vogue patterns site, no match was found for V6934. I wonder if it's available at all in a fabric store such as Joanns...?

2. amapola | | #3

Hello, I looked all over for Vogue pattern 6934. I want to sew that dress. It's adorable. Since I could not find it, I looked for a similar one. I found McCall's 2401, view c and d were very similar. The pattern could be changed to be very similar to 6934. I am now just sewing the pattern since I like the design. I am making one of view c in a burgundy brocade and d  with a nice pink fabric for summer.  After I am finished I shall tacle making changes so it looks like 6934.  I found the lace at Joann's. You have to special order but it will looke really nice. I hope this helps you. Amapola

1. jjgg | | #4

well, I typed a long message to you and then comcast which recently took over for Road runner did their usual and @#$% up! I am so sick of Comcast, their service sucks. If it weren't for the fact that I'm moving in 4 months I'd tell them to take a hike now.So, now that I got that off my shoulders....Unless you are very good at pattern drafting, I wouldn't use the McCalls pattern to try and copy the LBD on the cover of Threads. The ONLY thing that is similar is the square neckline.Kwik sew has a pattern 2473 that has an empire waist It would be easy to eliminate the princess line seams on the lower portion of the dress and add a little fullness to give it the gathers as seen in the vogue pattern. It would also be much easier to square off the neckline of this pattern than to convert the McCalls pattern to an empire waist.Frankly, I like the kwik sew pattern better. I think the dress on the cover of Threads is rather childish looking - or maternity looking with the gathers under the bust.I'm sure there are even better patterns out there , but start with one that has an empire waist line.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights