Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Vogue 1476/lost Pattern piece

donnasdream | Posted in Patterns on

OH help, oh help, oh help. I bought Vogue 1476 Years Ago, started to make it, had to stop. Now I have a room just for sewing and I LOST A PATTERN PIECE!!!!!!!!  #16 YOKE AND SLEEVES!!!!!  I’m gonna finish this some kinda way.  Any ideas on how to procede? Please, Please, oh please!!!!???? I’m making it out of red wool melton and I plan on lining it with fleece ’cause I’m allergic to wool.

Replies

1. HelgaPataki | | #1

is it this one? I searched for it on the net

there were such pattern numbers, I think you mean this one?

http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/Vogue_1476_C

I guess you can repurchase it.  or you can redraw your own piece by piecing all the pieces together and discerning the shape of the yoke and redrawing the sleeves utilizing the shape of the arm hole.  if it is this pattern, the poncho like coat, it doesn't have a standard shape so you might have to use your imagnation. 

1. donnasdream | | #4

Vogue 1476

Yes, that's the one and we think alike.  I'll try that first, sorta like the puzzles I did as a child.

2. lou19 | | #2

Do you mean the Issey miiyake coat?

This pattern has been in the pattern books since 1980's. Just noticed it in the discontinued but stocks still available list. Incredible!

You should still be able to order  a copy, or buy one on e.bay.

I have quite a few Issey miyake patterns, some were more sucessful than others. I own crates of Vogue patterns and am going through my collection and selling ones I don't want to keep. If I find this pattern I'll let you know...happy trace  it and post it to you.

1. donnasdream | | #3

Issey Miiyake 1476

Thank you. I did see it on ebay but that is not in my budget at this time, however if you do come across with one I may be interested at a later time.

1. schmatta | | #5

Issey Miyake 1476

I have that pattern. Would be glad to help you, no charge.

3. TessFlom | | #6

Me too!

It's interesting that you are missing this pattern piece.  I am also missing the piece.  But I know that I didn't lose it.  It was missing from the envelope when I opened it.  Unfortunately, I bought the pattern months ago, and no longer have the receipt.  And my fabric store, of course, no longer carries this discontinued pattern.  I'm so diappointed, because I just found some beautiful sage green wool, and I was ready to cut it out.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights