Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Simplicity 2283 Vest E

SewingSis | Posted in Patterns on

Wondering if anyone else had sewn this vest…doing some sewing for a foster child (friend of my niece). Let her pick out patterns/fabrics and she cut out the patterns.  Now, I thought I could sew this up in a few hours…and am having a devil of a time trying to match the front & back together at the neck/shoulders.  The girl is worried sick that she messed something up, but looking at the instructions and then where she marked notches/dots…there is no way this can line up as the instructions say.  So I am asking anyone, that has made this vest, for their opinions…do the pieces line up as instructions show, or is there a problem with them?  Please no comments if you haven’t actually made this pattern; the girl is feeling bad enough without people guessing.  Thanks for any help!!!

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1

Simplicity Pattern Error?

I have not made this garment, nor do I intend to do so, but I will still offer a suggestion.  

You figure it out.  Sew it up and no one needs to be the wiser.  You are the only one communicating with the child, so imply this is the way it was intended or the pattern company made an error.

If the fabric is knit, it could have stretched.  If the fabric is woven, the larger piece needs to be eased into place and sewn with the baggy side on the bottom so the feed dogs can help with the easing.

As a famous man often says - "Make it work!"

1. SewingSis | | #2

Thanks for your imput...however, I did finish it my own way last night.  I wrote notes on the instruction sheet so that when the girl gets the vest & pattern sheet back, she may be able to sew it for herself at some point.  I just hope she can understand my notations!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights