Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Burda Magazine 12-2009 134 sweatshirt hoodie for men

Stefanie | Posted in Patterns on

I’ve reached a stopping point in making this hoodie due to not understanding the directions. I’m changing the construction up by making it unlined if that makes a difference.  This is a hoodie sweatshirt with a ribbing band at the bottom edge and zip up front. There is a front facing for both sides that needs to be attached.  The directions first say to: ” Stitch lower edge of facings to inside edge of waistband.”  I don’t really understand this point. Are they talking about the short bottom edge or part of the edge that meets with the zipper eventually? TIA.

Replies

1. KharminJ | | #1

Sorry this is sooooooooooo late ~

Hi,  Stefanie! I really hope you got this figured out, and haven't given up on it for want of an answer!

I'm not sure if I simply 'missed' your post, or if it just 'appeared out of thin air', 3 months later, but here's my understanding - It sounds like they're talking about the "short end" at the very bottom of the facing. If the next instruction is about putting the zipper between the front and the facing, teeth in and right sides together, that would make me absolutely certain. When those two seams are complete, you'll have what looks like a very tall, skinny "L" around the edge of the facing.

I can't imagine any way or reason to attach any part of the side of the facing to the binding - but i can sure imagine how one's brain could get stuck on the idea ...

Good luck, and Happy Hoodie Making!

Kharmin

1. Stefanie | | #2

Thanks for the help

I did manage to muddle through - I just left the facings off entirely. My son doesn't care and it turned out fine in the end (after a lot of modifications, most unintentional).  

But I will keep your helpful hint around in case I go ahead and make another one someday.

Thanks!

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights