Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Digitizing software for Janome 350 E

elenaevent | Posted in Machine Embroidery on

I bought Janome 350 E, and none can tell me why USB stick does not work. I like the machine but I can not use my USB stick to transfer my designs to the machine. My distributor told me that Janome put a lock inside the machine so I would not be able to use any other digitizing software and I must buy it from Janome. Really? When I was buying the machine I was told that I could use any other software(Master Works, Embird, etc).<!—-><!—-><!—->

My memory stick was completely messed up when I inserted it in Janome machine and now Janome doesn’t read a memory stick, neither I can use my memory stick for myself. The formatted files could not be deleted. Any help would be much appreciated…

<!—-> <!—-> 

Replies

1. MaryinColorado | | #1

I would take the machine to my dealer and expect satisfaction!  Good luck, I'm sorry this happened to you.  Mary

1. elenaevent | | #2

Hi everyone. I solved the memory stick problem. I bought a new memory stick, formatted it , and only after that saved the file.

So the new stick does work with other than Janome software. My dealer was wrong. Ohhhhh. If anyone needs help with a memory stick ask me! Elena.

1. MaryinColorado | | #3

So glad that you resolved the problem, happy stitching!!!   Doesn't your software convert designs from any format to the one you need for the original memory stick? 

I convert other formats into the one that my machines want to read, some machines will read more than one format.  In older software, I sometimes had strange color changes when converting, but not with the new 4D, it is incredible!  Mary

2. User avater
        VKStitcher | | #4

Elena, I'm so glad you solved the problem with your USB stick!

I don't have digitizing software, but I have to believe you can use any software you want, as long as it will save files as .jef.  Maybe your Janome dealer wanted to make another sale??  When I asked my dealer about Embird, she said she had never heard of it, and offered to sell me the Janome software (which was quite expensive!)

I do have the Janome Customizer software (thrown in as part of the deal when I bought my 300e), which saves as .sew or .jef.  However, I'm not thrilled with it.  I also use Monogram Wizard Plus software, which will save files as .jef.  And I have purchased embroidery files from Embroidery Library in the .jef format, and have had no problems stitching them out.

Now you can have fun with your machine.  Remember to post pictures of your projects so we can admire them!  :-)

2. Cherrypops | | #5

sorry i haven't replied sooner.

maggiecoops  is a member here, and uses Embird..... (I don't). click on her name should work..

i suggest you contact her via her profile i'm sure she'd be willing to answer any questions you have...tell her I sent you..she gave me good info in the past.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights