Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Brother PC8500 pacesetter

Cre8ive | Posted in Machine Embroidery on

I have been looking into the brother PC-8500 but keep getting contradictory information. On some sites it says that the embroidery field is 11.8″ x 5.1″ but on others it says 5″ x 7″. Most machines I looked at have the jumbo hoop included but I would like to know if it does indeed have a large embroidery field. Also what would be the difference with the 8200 and the 8500. Would there be someone out there who could clarify this for me? Thanks

Replies

1. jjgg | | #1

I'm not ssure about the question of thee 8200 to the 8500, mine was upgraded (but I thought it was an 8300?) It's been so long that I don't remember. but the 8200 can have a new mother board put in to upgrade it to the 8500.

the basic hoops that come with the machine are the 5X7, 4X4 and the itty bitty oval one. The 11.8 X 5.1 is the multipostion hoop. You have to be able to have the embroidery design split in to 2 or 3 sections for this. the hoop basically has 3 overlapping 5X7 positions.

I use my 8500 exclusively for embroidery as I don't like the way Brother machines start with the needle in the left hand position for sewing. It drives me crazy (and I also have 2 berninas and 2 vikings!) I also use the vikings for embroidery, but I started with the brother, and I have the pe design software. The machine is great for embroidery.

hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions
    Judy

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights