Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

bernina 830 E resale value

Pierless1 | Posted in Machine Embroidery on

I have inherited a Bernina 830 E in it’s original oak cabinet with elelctric lift, includes accesories, bought in the 80’s by my mother.  I am interested in selling the machine and am tryng to determine a resale value.  I am sure the hours on the machine are low as she became permantly  disabled soon after the purchase.

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1

Bernina 830E Resale Value

My sincere sympathy in the loss of your Mother.

Bernina is the only brand that does not quickly decrease in value.  Most brands drop to about half their value as soon as the sales contract is signed.

There are a few places you can check.  (1) Local Bernina dealer  (2) PatternReivew.com (just post the question in the sewing machine discussion)  (3) EBay.  Check all the resources before agreeing to a price.

Bernina accessories are also expensive.  Check the manual to see what came with the machine.  Then either add their value to that of the machine or offer separately for a little less than retail.

Not sure sewing machines of this era came with cabinets and this could be a brand that can be sold separately.  Look for an emblem or notation for the brand.  Some are fairly pricey.  The value of the cabinet can also be checked at the above locations/sites.

Good luck with your sale.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights