NEW: Search The Forums


What term is used for interlocking here?

SMG's picture

I am looking to buy a new sewing machine in US and am looking for a machine that does interlocking also(its a kind of stitch used in trousers or shirts to interlock the cut ends in the inner side of the trouser or shirts). But seems that they dont use interlock term here. So wanted to know what term to look for on the machine features list to figure out if it does interlocking or not.



FitnessNut's picture

(post #24538, reply #1 of 2)

Are you maybe referring to a serger???? Or perhaps an overcasting/overedge/finishing stitch on a regular sewing machine???

Can you give us an idea as to what the stitch looks like?


Follow your bliss ~~ Joseph Campbell
GhillieC's picture

(post #24538, reply #2 of 2)

Do you mean overlocking?

Ghillie in the UK