NEW: Search The Forums


Tailor's Blisters

jenholl's picture

I recently ran across a term in some old articles on tailoring called a "tailor's blister."   It's used on notched collars when attaching the facing/upper collar to the under collar and helps to get lapels and collars on blazers to lay flat.   It seems like a useful concept, but I can't find any reference to the term and so how to make one.  Is anyone familiar with a tailor's blister and how to make one?

lou19's picture

Sorry I'm no good at pasting (post #35146, reply #1 of 2)

Sorry I'm no good at pasting links-  but I did find a very detailed descripion when I googled "tailors blister"

m_coates's picture

Tailors blister (post #35146, reply #2 of 2)


The Tailors blister is a term used when you are attaching the notched collar or a peaked lapel at a certain point of the construction process.

The link below mentions exactly where the term is used. Its a PDF document so you can print this off for future refference

Happy Sewing.


Michael Coates - Professional English Tailor