NEW: Search The Forums


sewing term

antrad's picture

sewing term (post #37082)

Hello all,

Does anyone know the correct term for the technique where, for example, a double thickness yoke is joined to the body of a garment by inserting the single piece of material between the pieces of the yoke and then stitching through all thicknesses?

Thanks for any help


EvamarieGomez's picture

Hi Anne, I've shared your (post #37082, reply #1 of 1)

Response from Threads Executive Editor Judith Neukam: This is called the “burrito” method. The yoke pieces are positioned right sides together with the body of the garment rolled between them and the seam edges aligned. Both the front and back body pieces can be rolled and inserted in this way. You can also attach the sleeves in the same way and then turn everything right side out  through the open neckline.

We hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Evamarie Gomez
Web Producer