Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Bernina 930 needs doctor!

twosprings | Posted in General Sewing Info on

puleeeze, someone tell me the BEST repair person in my area, Eureka Springs, AR. to repair a 930 Bernina. i am unable to engage my special stitching choices….the lever moves but the only results i have are zig-zag and straight. i discovered this while attempting the special stitches with a “magic needle” for topstitching. i am new to this area, having just moved from Texas. i have authorized dealers close, within 1-2 hours and certainly do not mind going farther. i just prefer feedback from the experienced sewer.

Replies

1. ElonaM | | #1

Just a question: This is a machine you've had for a while and are familiar with, not a used one, recently purchased?

1. twosprings | | #2

absolutely bought brand new by me. the dealers in fort worth sold me 2 different Bernina machines and that has been sooooooooo long ago, they are now retired!

1. ElonaM | | #3

So you do know the machine very well, and it sounds as though it really is busted (rare for a 930, isn't it? I've had mine for dog's ages, and it is still going strong).

Doggone it, if you lived in Southern California, I have a genius Bernina mechanic who could make yours behave like a pup again, but I don't have any connections out where you are.

Anyone else familiar with Bernina dealers in this area?

1. twosprings | | #4

well, horsefeathers!!! i am going to take a chance and i will let you know how it works out. thanks anyway, Elona.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights