Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

30 min jacket Threads issue #100

JGFLO | Posted in General Discussion on

I have misplaced my issue #100. does any one have the article on 30 min jacket they would copy for me please?

Replies

1. rjf | | #1

I just lent that issue to a friend but I can tell you that you need a piece of fabric between 90" and 100" long and 25" wide (finished).  Fold in half lengthwise; mark the center.  Measure 3" on either side of center.  That's the back neck.  Fold the bottom edge up to the 3" mark and sew the crosswidth to the long edge.  An opening for your hand forms at the end of this seam.  Same thing for the other side.  That's the basic idea but  you'll have to invent the edge and seam finishes.  It's worth pinning for fit and drape before sewing (Experience is a great teacher!)   rjf

1. JGFLO | | #2

Thanks for the info! Flo

2. Crafty_Manx | | #3

Email me ([email protected]) if you still want the article copied, I can scan it and send you an electronic copy.

~Cat

1. carolfresia | | #4

Hi, Cat,

I hate to be the police, but--while we at Threads love to know that our readers share ideas and techniques with each other--scanning and emailing a copy of the article would, technically, be in violation of the copyright laws of the magazine.

However, I believe that issue of Threads is still available, and can be purchased from our back-issue list. Through November 14th, back issues are on sale (check the Threads homepage for a link to the store, with details). Plus, there's lots of other good stuff in the magazine--well worth the price of $4.95, and no legal problems either!

Thanks!

Carol

1. JGFLO | | #5

I fail to see how this is any different than the response to the Travel Wardrobe question with referal to the archives .

2. Crafty_Manx | | #6

Sorry

I guess I just thought that because we both subscribe to the magazine and have therefore already bought copies that it wouldn't be a problem.  My mistake.

~Cat

1. carolfresia | | #7

Although you both have, legitimately, purchased copies of the magazine, for the sake of protecting the rights of our authors, illustrators, and photographers, we do like to issue the occasional reminder that any reproduction of the magazine, or parts thereof, without the express permission of Threads (and any other individuals who may be involved), is in violation of copyright law. I didn't mean to accuse anyone in particular of being less than upstanding--just wanted to refresh us all on the rules that apply!

But, for future reference, permission can be requested from Threads, and we're pretty nice about granting it when we can, especially if it's for educational purposes. We are always pleased to know that our readers want to spread the word about a technique or idea they find exciting, and do our best to help you do so.

Cheers...

Carol

1. JGFLO | | #8

In that case, may I request a copy of the 30 min Jacket article from Issue 100? I am a subscriber but have failed to locate that article which I clipped and filed somewhere in order not to lose it!Thank you. Flo

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights