Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Singer Stylist 7258

Xcountrygrl | Posted in Gather For A Chat on

I have an issue with my machine and I’m not sure how to fix it.

The thread is getting caught somewhere on my machine and bunching up on the back of the material. I’ve tried adjusting tension but it’s not working.

Thread is getting caught on that little prong and the little black thing jutting out

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1

Horizontal bobbin

Refer to the maintenance section of the manual for removing and cleaning the bobbin case.  Make sure the needle is at it's highest point and this should align the bobbin case correctly with the metal stop on the right front of the race.

Make sure the presser foot is up when threading.  Also, be sure to use the correct size bobbin spool and not one that is too tall.  This should also be address in the manual.

If a manual is needed, the Singer Company website has downloads.  Many are free.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights