Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Issue 149

gailete | Posted in Feedback on Threads on

I loved the latest issue as it had many interesting articles. I especially liked the one using didn’t stitches to achieve different effects. However I did have a problem with the article Better Basics on balancing darts. Perhaps I needed to see at least one more picture or more text, but I got completely lost when it came to trimming the dart and bias piece. Something isn’t clicking in my brain. I just can’t understand the whole concept.

On a happier note, we got satellite interent this year and I am so pleased to now be able to watch the videos on the website. Prior to this with our slow dial up line, I could never watch them. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Replies

1. Ceeayche | | #1

New Threads in my future

whooo hooo.  it's on its way. 

sounds like I have a treat a coming!

2. KansasSky | | #2

issue 149 louise cutting and anna mazur

I have the Threads DVDs on insider techniques with Louise Cutting and I noticed that the techniques in this article were from that DVD series.  I wish Threads would use more of Louise Cutting and not recycle what it is selling in another format.

We can use all the Louise Cutting we can get.

ALSO:  the Anna Mazur article didn't show any technique for making the cording for her design details.  Lucky for us readers that the Master Class article showed how to make fabric tubes, which I suppose can be adapted for the Mazur cording --- but I don't know that. 

I'd be interested in how to make a fabric cord.

1. user-7820524 | | #5

Louise Cutting article

I was delighted to see that someone thought as I did.....I purchased the "Threads DVD" and enjoyed the tips from Louise Cutting very much.  As I started reading the article in the last issue my immediate reaction was very negative.....I started thinking that perhaps I should not bother purchasing any of the extra Threads products if they're all going to be printed in a couple of months in the magazine.  I must say I felt a little cheated on the last issue because of this.

Please give us more new tips!

1. KharminJ | | #6

I understand your feeling that using "recycled material" is a bit of a cheat - BUT - those of us who didn't buy the DVDs, don't have access to that information, and there's huge differences in "how" we each best take in information - video is very different than print is different than audio ... even when the same material is presented.

Remember, variety is the spice of life.

I haven't gotten this new issue yet, but I do really appreciate being able to mark things up on hard copy!

3. lou19 | | #3

issue 149

Issue 149 ..........well done this issue finally is the inspiring threads magazine again.

Not just the odd article but  almost all the magazine got me excited.

Yes, I'll renew my subscription

just list a few thing I loved...........

no waste allowed...........very interesting article

.dramatic pleating............... loved this

the corded faggoted neckines............... lovely

vintage feet.....................sewing 25+  years  and theres a foot  I haven't yet tried!

ribbon flowers. and a jacket with theaded ribbon............very nice.

Also one letter mentioned a chalk marker ................yes I had something very similiar. You cold use different colour chalks, it was great. Still have it! But alas can't buy those little chalks.

Can we give fitting articles a rest for a few issues? So many books on this subject.

Louise

1. moushka | | #4

Issue 149 - vintage feet

Hurrah for the the article on using vintage feet,, and MORE, please!

Many of us have boxes of feet that we don't know how to use.  Threads would be doing a real service to the sewing community in printing more instructions on how to use them.  Think how many still useful feet  must have alrady ended up in landfill because no one had any idea of what they were for and didn't know where to go to look! 

I have nearly every issue of Threads after the first year and love re-reading them.  I always learn something new.  Thanks for publishing my favourite magazine.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights