Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

“Best tip” about LED light, Threads 175, p. 12

vharden | Posted in Feedback on Threads on

After reading about the stick-on LED light with the swivel head in Threads 175, I immediately searched for it on Amazon, Sylvania, and Google, but I never could find the light that is pictured in the article–the one with the swivel head.  The “Sylvania DOT-it-Self-Adhesive Bright White LED Light” offered for sale on Amazon and elsewhere doesn’t look like the photo, nor does it apparently have the ability to be focused at a particular spot.  Could you PLEASE tell us where to find the light pictured with the tip?  I want one!

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1
  2. amm | | #2

Sylvania DOT-it Swivel circular light

vharden,

It is with great disappointment that I tell you the self-adhesive, swivel DOT-it circular light shown in Threads issue #175 has been discontinued. I'm personally quite disappointed with Sylvania. When I purchased the light that you see in the photo, I noticed one or two websites (Amazon among them) that indicated the light was out of stock. That worried me a little, so I contacted Sylvania to be certain the product was still being produced and would soon be available on Amazon and other distribution sites. I explained that I planned to feature the light in a magazine article, and that I knew our readers would want to purchase the light. They assured me at that time (the week the issue went to press) that the light was still in production with no expectation of change.

After receiving several reader letters such as yours, I have since corresponded with Sylvania to check again, and was told that the light has been discontinued. I'm trying to find out if it will go back into production sometime in the future, but so far I haven't received a reply.

If you'd like to express your interest in the light or your frustration because it's no longer available, you can contact them directly at [email protected]

I'm so sorry the light isn't available. It really is a wonderful sewing machine addition.

April Mohr, Threads Editorial Department 

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights