Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Vogue 1208

user-17595 | Posted in Fabric and Trim on

I just love Vogue 1208 which is featured on the cover of Vogue Patterns magazine. It looks like it’s done in either silk dupioni or crepe back satin, as suggested on the pattern envelope. It’s also suggested that one can use lightweight jersey which is what I’d love to do. What I don’t quite understand is how ease comes into play here. There’s a world of difference between dupioni and jersey, especially when either is cut on the bias as in this pattern. The pattern also calls for the dress to be lined. Hmmm…. I’d love some suggestions as to what type of lightweight jersey… silk, wool, etc…. would work the best. 

Thanks!

Replies

1. lou19 | | #1

Dress appears to be made of light crepe back satin. Usually the first fabric suggested is the one used in orginal

2. kayjaygee | | #2

I came across this post while looking for fabric sources for this pattern  The fashion fabric used is hammered silk satin.  It is obvious if you have the Vogue Patterns magazine from Dec 2010/Jan 2011.  The only source I have been able to find is NY Fashion Center.  Expensive.  The fabric is only 44 inches wide so it will need to be pieced to cut this dress on the bias (for a tall person like me who also wants it just a couple of inches longer.)

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights