Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Resources for 120″ wide linen and cotton

amkershaw | Posted in Fabric and Trim on

Hi all,

I’ve been sewing since I was eight, mainly clothing for myself and others. Recently after reading some old editions of Threads, I’ve become interested in sewing for my home, specifically bed linens, sheets, pillow cases etc. However, I can’t find the fabric I want.

I am looking for 100 per cent linen in 2.5 – 4oz weight in 120 inch widths. Or I would be happy to have 100 per cent cotton in the same width (120 inches) with at least 250 thread count.

If anyone knows of a source for these fabrics, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

1. KharminJ | | #1

Greetings! and Welcome to one of the most useful forums ever-in-the-world! (grin!)Here's the only "wide linen" source that *I* have bookmarked (doesn't prove anything - but here it is):

http://www.homespunfabrics.com/linen.aspx#106Note the extra cutting charge is per order.DeAnna ([email protected]) is a delight to deal with ~ be sure to tell her how you found them!Happy new sheets - sounds lovely! Bright Blessings ~ Kharmin

1. amkershaw | | #2

Thanks so much for your response. I hadn't seen this website before you sent it to me! I think it will work.

2. PresleyP | | #3

I was about to ask the same thing! I'll check out that site.

3. ohiostar | | #4

Try this web site http://www.Fabrics-Store.com
    He's got lots of different weights of linens and sizes.

1. amkershaw | | #5

Thanks so much for the help. I will check it out.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights