Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

160 anniversary edition arrived at my door!!!!

HelgaPataki | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Im so happy, i mail ordered it.

Replies

1. Pattiann42 | | #1

Singer 160 anniversary model

Beautiful machine.  I was curious about the bobbins it requires and had to investigate.  You may already know this -

"Do not use regular class 15 bobbins in these machines, they will cause tension problems and can damage the bobbin case. The 15J is slightly smaller than the regular class 15, and the edges have a slight curve towards the center."

Another thing, again you may already know this - the bobbin case for drop-in bobbin style sewing machines require more frequent cleaning than the configuration of the oscillating type machine.  

Cleaning requires the removal of the needle plate and I have found the faux screw-driver that comes with the new machines is difficult to work with and bought  a set of "stubbies" for an easier grip.

Enjoy!

1. HelgaPataki | | #2

do you know that this is not really antique

its their 160 yr anniversary look a like!!!  it has LED lighting and simple bobbins (no springs).  It comes with accessories and 24 stitch styles.

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights