Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Pfaff Creative 1471

Janice_Bowden | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

Older Pfaff, but computerized and programmable for unlimited designs and buttonholes, including keyhole buttonholes. Has built-in dual feed dogs, automatic needle threader, 12 needle positions, up-down needle button. This machine has recently been completely gone through by the shop and both circuit boards replaced. Is complete – has both manuals, all attachments and case. Does most things the newer, pricier machines do, but want only $1,000.00.

Replies

1. Debbie_McWhorter | | #1

Janice, I bought a new Pfaff 1471 when they first came out over 14 years ago for $1200. Last year I saw a used 1471 for sale at a sewing machine store for $700 and I thought that was steep considering its age. I guess they hold their value well, but $1000?

1. Paula | | #2

*The price that you are asking for your Pfaff is NOT out of line. I have bought four Pfaffs in the last 3 years. First a new 7550, and then a 1473 used for $1,350, and machanical 1222 ussed for $650., and another 1473 used for $1,050. These were all from the same dealer.I have a sewing shop and have two girls working with me. I found that it is best if all machines can use the same bobbins and feet etc. I resold my second 1473 to my friend who works for me for the same price that I paid, actually I bought it for her. The 1473's are almost the same as your 1471, they just have a little bit less stuff and maybe the stitch width only goes to 7mm instead of 9mm, no big deal. Last week I had my 1473 into the repair shop for a tune-up. Because I would really like to buy a used 7570 soon, as they become available with the new 2140's now on the market, and because my married daughter, which is the other girl working for me in my shop, wants to purchase my 1473, I asked what the value of my 1473 was and he said that if he sat it on his shelf to sell it he would ask $1,299. In the 2 1/2 years that I have used this 10-15 year old machine it has only gone down $50. in value. That's great and of course it's a Pfaff.[I have no affiliation to Pfaff or with any sewing machine dealership.]Buying, selling, and trading sewing machines is like with used cars. It is a lot of work to get what it is worth. But if you ask around you might find a dealer who will sell yours at a commission, if you are lucky.Paula

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights