Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Huskylock 1003 lcd

Karen2 | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I am the original owner of this serger and do have the instruction book.  The instruction book does not contain a section on maintenance.  I probably have misplaced this literature.  I need to know where to place oil in the machine. Any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you.  Karen

Replies

1. stillsuesew | | #1

It is possible that it doesn't need any oil.  Many of the Viking machines are permanently lubricated.  Is it clean (free of dust accumulation?)    Taking a vacuum cleaner to it may be the smarter thing to do.  You could also call the dealer and ask if it needs to be oiled.  If you have used this machine regularly, it may be worth taking it in for a good cleaning by the dealer.  I used my machines every day an I would make an appointment to take them in to be serviceed when I went on vacation.  That way they would be ready for me when I returned.

1. Karen2 | | #2

Serger

I did call the dealer and this particular machine requires oiling. I'm not sure of the exact spots to oil, but was told oil will go where the rods go up and down.  Thanks for your suggestion.  Karen

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights