Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Elna 6001

user-98855 | Posted in Equipment and Supplies on

I am thinking about buying an Elna 6001 Decorator’s Touch sewing machine and would appreciate any feedback people could give me on it. 

Thank you!

Helen Gillis

Watertown, MA

Replies

1. Hansi | | #1

I have one that I bought last May and I love it.  Do you have any specific questions?

Jay

1. user-98855 | | #2

Jay,

My present machine is a Necchi (mechanical) - I'm a little intimidated by computerized machines but really want/neet to upgrade - was the Elna very complicated to learn to use?  Have you made a buttonhole with it?  Is the bobbin easy to load?  Has it jammed on you at all?  Have you had any problems with the tension/adjusting the tension?  From my questions you can probably figure out the things I don't like about my present machine :) 

Thanks!!

Helen

1. Hansi | | #3

Hi Helen,

I went from a 1957 mechanical Singer (inherited from a neighbor) to the Elna 6001.  When I bought it I had less than a year of sewing experience.

I have had no problems at all with it.  The shop I bought it from provides free help, but I've never felt I needed it.  It's much easier to use in my opinion, than the mechanical machine was, and that machine was a good, but old baby.  Threading is easy.  I've had no problems with the tension.  I've made many buttonholes with it; buttonholing is fully automatic.  There's a plastic presser foot that you insert the button into.  It measures the size of the button and automatically calculates the size of the buttonhole.  All you do is hold the fabric straight.  I let my 8 year old sew with it.  It's very quiet and you can adjust the speed that it goes.

I can't see your post anymore as I write, so I hope I've answered all your questions.  Good luck sewing machine shopping.

Jay

2. berkana23 | | #4

My mom passed away and I got her Elna 6001. I dont know how to thread the bobbin? Could you assist me with threading the bobbin. Thank you

B

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights