Facebook Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram Tiktok Icon YouTube Icon Headphones Icon Favorite Navigation Search Icon Forum Search Icon Main Search Icon Close Icon Video Play Icon Indicator Arrow Icon Close Icon Hamburger/Search Icon Plus Icon Arrow Down Icon Video Guide Icon Article Guide Icon Modal Close Icon Guide Search Icon

Conversational Threads

Issue#149 Vintage Presser Feet

JoyceEdith | Posted in Creative Machine on

I found this article on page 36 fascinating and prompted me to open again the box of my 1936 Featherweight machine purchased when I was a six years old.  Found the feet described in this article and plan to give them a try.  I don’t think my mother used any except the Ruffler, which I have also used.  I began sewing with this machine when I was nine and often use it today which means I have used this machine for 70 years..  Still a great machine.  Thanks for the article – an eye opener for sure.  JoyceEdith

Replies

1. Josefly | | #1

Do you have the tucking foot mentioned in the article?  I have some old feet myself, like the ruffler, and remember some of the old feet my mother had on her machine, but have never seen that tucking foot.  I'd like to get one of those.

1. Margif513 | | #2

Tucking foot

Hi- I'm new to this site, but i have this tucking foot as well as the directions for it. It looks rather interesting.  If you are interested in the info, I'd be happy to post a  scan of the instruction manual from Singer.

Keep Stitching-

Margi

This post is archived.

Threads Insider

Get instant access to hundreds of videos, tutorials, projects, and more.

Start Your Free Trial

Already an Insider? Log in

Conversational Threads

Recent Posts and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |
  • |

Threads Insider Exclusives

Highlights